Financial Planning Associate
Growing wealth management firm seeks a Financial Planning Associate to join its team of financial professionals.
We are a fee-only Registered Investment Advisor providing Investment and Financial Advisory services to high net worth families. The primary responsibility of the Financial Planning Associate is to provide assistance to the firms’ Wealth/Relationship Managers. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting Wealth/Relationship Managers with client communications
- Preparing meeting agendas, recaps and draft recommendation letters
- Creating and maintaining client files, spreadsheets, and correspondence
- Creating/updating/maintaining client balance sheet and cash flow statements and financial data
- Creating and maintaining documentation related to client correspondence
- Coordinating flow of data between custodians, accountants and other professionals
- Opening and transferring client accounts
- Processing check requests and money transfers
- Drafting letters of instruction
- Following-up on client service issues
- Performing various miscellaneous tasks as assigned
The Ideal Candidate will possess the following:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy and completeness of work product
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment as well as independently
- Strong inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to identify, research and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Excel, Word and Power Point
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete requests from multiple sources
Education and Experience:
- 2-3 years work experience (experience in accounting or financial services field strongly preferred but not mandatory)
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university (Concentration in Accounting, Finance, Financial Planning or Business Management required)
- Interest in pursuing (or having obtained) the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) designation
We are looking for a motivated independent thinker with impeccable ethical standards that is interested in working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial setting. We offer competitive salary, benefits, advancement potential, and training opportunities.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid time off, and a generous 401(k) plan. We offer you a dynamic working environment, a culture of mutual respect, commitment to maintaining the highest ethical standards, and the opportunity to play a vital role in the growth of our firm.
Interested candidates should review our current employment opportunities and send a resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.