You’ve worked hard for many years, but now you’re about to enter (or have recently entered) uncharted territory – retirement.
Retirement can be a stark transition, especially for those who have spent decades building a business or climbing the corporate ladder. Having the freedom to dictate how you spend your retirement years is paramount to defining success. The five years preceding, and following retirement are often referred to as the “retirement risk zone,” and for good reason. The financial decisions you make during these years set the stage for the rest of your retirement. People are living longer, and in this new era of extended retirement, proper planning is essential to make sure you can cover living expenses, rising healthcare costs, and leisure activities for your newfound free time.
We work with you and your family holistically; understanding your investment objectives, risk tolerances, and coordinating the portfolio with your unique goals and circumstances. Questions to think about are both quantitative and qualitative:
- What keeps you up at night — is it money, health, markets, or family issues?
- What are your retirement goals — where and how do you want to live; what personal and financial legacy do you want to leave behind?
- How do family dynamics impact your financial future—will you be supporting children, parents, or others?
- What financial resources are available to you and what is the best strategy to use them?
- Have you developed a retirement budget including leisure and health care expenses?
- What tax planning strategies should you be using now that you’re retiring?
- Are your estate planning affairs in order in the event of incapacity or premature death?
Unlike traditional brokerage firms or advisors you may have worked with in the past, we bring together all the aspects of your financial life to ensure you’re on pace to meet all your retirement goals. We work with you to create a holistic plan that allows you to spend retirement doing what’s important to you. We’re here to fill in the gaps and make sure all proper strategies are in place, so you can have peace of mind throughout retirement.
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) refers to the certification owned and awarded by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. A CFP® professional is trained in the area of financial planning, estate planning, taxes, investments, insurance, and retirement planning. The role of a CFP® professional is to integrate all of these disciplines creating a plan that serves the best interests of you and your family.